The Department of Health has issued guidance regarding the possible pandemic- Coronavirus. While we are unaware of any current cases of the virus in our area, we want to encourage the following to protect against the virus:
- Keep children who are sick at home. Do not send them to school.
- Encourage children to wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Encourage children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow.
- Encourage children to stay at least three feet away from people who are sick.
- Do not eat or drink after others.
As always, our school system takes precautions to maintain a healthy environment. We will continue to monitor this situation and implement any additional health and safety provisions as needed.
If you have any questions, please contact your school nurse, healthcare provider, local board of health, or check the CDC website. The federal government website with information on planning for individuals and families is http://wwwpandemicflu.gov and American Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org.