< May, 2013 >
|Attending school is fun at the Primary!!
Attending school is fun at the Primary!!
Attendance Theme this Year: Survivor!
Attendance Clerk:Kelley Franklin
You've just got to see these!
Attendance in Important
Banks County Primary School and Walmart are working together to improve attendance. Mrs. Reiselt, principal, and Kelley Franklin, attendance secretary, were presented a $1500 check from Walmart to help our attendance program. This money will be given back to the children by funding special trips and prizes to award perfect attendance. If it weren't for Walmart, our attendance program would not be as successful. Thank you, Walmart, for all you do for Banks County Primary School!
The Banks County Primary School sets the foundation for each student's educational journey and therefore, considers student attendance to be a high priority in the learning process. Our goal is to reduce student absences by encouraging student attendance.
Perfect attendance winners will be recognized and rewarded. Recognition will take place through:
1. morning announcements.
2. yearly perfect attendance certificates.
3 . yearly perfect attendance t-shirts.
1. Teachers will record individual student absences, tardies and early dismissals.
2. It is the caregiver's responsibility to contact the school, on the day of the student's absence, to give the reason for the absence. A written excuse should be sent with the student on the return day. No excuse = unexcused absence.
3. At 3 days and/or 3 unexcused days absent the parents will be contacted by the teacher. After the 5th unexcused absence, the principal will contact parents.
RECORDING OF ABSENCES
Daily attendance is recorded in the following ways:
1. The teacher records the absence in his/her roll book.
2. The teacher submits attendance via the computer daily. If a child enters the classroom after 8:05, he/she must report to the office to sign in and receive a written note to be brought to the teacher. The only exception to the rule is if a child rides a bus.
3. The school secretary enters all data, including absences, tardies, and early releases, into Mac School.
STATUS OF ABSENCE
Parent notes are counted as excused, according to board of education policy. If a note excuses an absence, the teacher
documents the excuse and sends the note to the office. The secretary checks the note again before recording the absence
as excused or unexcused in the computer. If there is a question about the “excuse”, the secretary brings the note to the principal who makes the final decision. The school secretary enters all data into Mac School.
The teacher will contact the parent/guardian after a student accumulates 3 unexcused absences in a semester. This will be
recorded on the teacher’s parent contact log. These are turned in to the principal at the end of each nine weeks. The teacher will notify the counselor after 3 consecutive days missed by a student or after 5 unexcused absences.
PARENT NOTIFICATION OF ATTENDANCE POLICY
Parents and guardians were notified of the new attendance policy through a newsletter that was signed and returned to the teacher. This signed letter is retained in the office.
MAINTENANCE OF ATTENDANCE NOTES
Parent notes are excused according to board of education policy. The teacher will make the initial determination about whether or not the absence is excused. The secretary will review the excuse as well, before recording the information into the computer. If there is any question about whether the absence should be excused or not, the principal will make the final decision. The notes are maintained in a file in the principal’s office. The principal will contact the parent if there is a question about any note.
Students will be allowed to make up all work missed due to absences. All work is due within one week after the absence.
Click Text Here
Created on 09/24/2006 11:58 AM by Administrator
Updated on 01/18/2013 05:10 PM by Administrator